To achieve the braking performance that we have designed into Mercury's carbon wheels, follow these steps every time you ride.
- Always use Mercury brake pads on Mercury carbon wheels. Failure to do so voids your wheels’ warranty and may cause unsafe braking performance.
- Use proper braking technique.
- Distribute braking force as evenly as possible between your front and rear brakes.
- Avoid prolonged braking, such as “dragging” your brakes, which can cause a dangerous amount of heat buildup in carbon rims.
- Use shorter, more powerful periods of braking. This allows carbon rims to dissipate heat buildup between braking periods.
- Use your body to help you decelerate by sitting more upright. The extra drag on your body makes a notable difference.
- If you feel a pulsing or surging sensation in the bike or brake levers while riding or braking, stop your ride. Contact Mercury Support to determine whether you need a warranty or crash replacement wheel.