Are your wheels tubeless compatible?
Yes! We are tubeless compatible, but not tubeless ready. Whats the difference, you ask? Being tubeless ready means you don't have to install anything except a tubeless valve. To be tubeless compatible means our rims will work as a tubeless system, but you need to install tubeless rim tape and valve.
Here is a quick run down on setting our wheels up tubeless.
1. Clean the rim bed with isopropyl alcohol, or simple green.
2. Allow to air dry or blow dry with a compressor
3. Start the tubeless tape opposite the valve hole, tape around rim and overlap ends about six inches
4. Pull the tape very taught while installing so there are no ridges, seams or folds.
5. Make sure the tape is centered, covering all the nipple access holes
6. Make sure edges are pressed down and fully adhered (run a tire lever around the edges to ensure that tape is not lifted).
7. Prick a small hole through the tape to install your tubeless valve
8. Dont over-tighten valve nut. you dont want to mis-shape the rubber o-ring.
9. Mount the tire completely except for a small 4-6 inch portion where you can add sealant.
10. Add 2oz of sealant (stans, orange seal, etc.)
11. Finish mounting the tire.
12. Distribute the sealant by spinning the wheel.
13. Use a compressor to inflate tire.
14. Make sure the tire beads completely (inflate above riding PSI if necessary, remembering to adjust before riding).
15. Clean everything up.